It’s World Chocolate Day! To celebrate, we have a dream dessert for every chocolate lover.
Chocolate gets a bad rap, but what makes it unhealthy is the sugar we add to it. Dark chocolate is much better for you and may even have significant health benefits.
- Nutritious: dark chocolate contains a host of nutrients such as fibre, iron, magnesium potassium… need I go on?
- Antioxidants: one of the most power antioxidants in the world
- Blood Pressure: stimulates lining of your arteries to improve blood flow
- Cholesterol: reduces the bad kind of cholesterol (LDL) and raises the good kind (HDL)
What you’ll need:
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 bar dark chocolate
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Grease pan with extra coconut oil (preferbly 9 inch pan)
- Blend flour, shredded coconut, coconut oil and half of your syrup until it turns into crumbs – not too fine. Crust ready!
- Spread crust mix around pan. Press onto bottom and up sides of pan
- Bake in middle of oven for 15-20mins, until firm
- Take out from oven and let cool
- Heat chocolate in pan on low heat until melted
- Add coconut cream, oil, cacao and rest of maple syrup. Stir until completely mixed
- Blend mixture for 2-3mins
- Pour mixture into the crust (once its cooled) and refrigerate for around 4 hours
- Serve once the topping turns solid
Save on Ingredients with the GreenJinn App
Montezuma’s Dark Chocolate Absolute Black
World Chocolate Day coupons available for Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose