If you have any questions regarding your privacy, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is GreenJinn Limited, 26 Victoria Road, Tamworth B79 7HS, company registered in England and Wales under registration no. 09089971.
Information we may collect from you
When you join GreenJinn your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us and other companies within our group to provide customer support, process payments we make to Account Holders.
We like to understand our Account Holders interests as well as we can, in order to personalise the offers we make to them through the GreenJinn Service as much as possible.
Personal data: When you first sign-up for the GreenJinn Service, we ask for your email address and other personal information including details of your choice of Payment Method, whether PayPal, or bank account.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms through products and services on our website and on our mobile applications on our services (services). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our services, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by GreenJinn Limited, and when you report a problem with our services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our services including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Receipt Data provided by you showing any details of purchases you have made.
We also put the information we gather about Account Holders together in an aggregated and anonymous manner (so that your identity and personal data are not accessible) and (a) use it for internal management purposes, (b) share it with current or prospective commercial partners and (c) use it to target offers that are made to Account Holders through the GreenJinn Service. This type of information includes, for example, usage of an Account Holder’s Payment Method, such as the types of product that the individual Account Holder purchases and the value of those purchases.
Your personal data may be disclosed if we, or an entity processing your data on our behalf, are compelled to do so by law, or receive a valid, legally-compliant request for its disclosure.
We will retain your personal data for as long as is permitted for legal, regulatory, taxation and fraud prevention purposes.
We’re committed to protecting your personal information. All information that you provide to us is stored on secure servers and access to this database is restricted internally. While no the transmission of information via the internet is completely secure, we believe the measures we use reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Although we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our services; any transmission is at your own risk.
Access to your Account is password-protected for your privacy and security. We ask you not to share a password or other access information with anyone. Ensure no-one else uses GreenJinn while you are “signed in” to the GreenJinn Service. Make sure you sign out from your Account when not using it. Ensure that only you have access to the details of your Payment Method, such as PayPal or your bank account, which are intended to be kept secret.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our services and other existing or future products provided by us is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so including any prize draws or other promotions operated by us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To analyse our users retail patterns of behaviour.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
We may contact you by electronic means or post with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have purchased on their goods on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If GreenJinn Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.